Monday 2 May 2011

Long time no see!

Well it's been a wee while since my last entry... What's been happening?

Well, I folded and bought the Flames of War: Open Fire set, with 3 nice M4A1 Shermans and 2 StugG assault guns, all resin. And a FOW US para platoon. Looking to build up a company.

In 28mm I've also picked up some reinforcements for my 101st Airborne, taking full advantage of sales and free postage, mwahahahaha! So From black Tree a nice, manned Willys jeep and some Airborne casualties will be arriving soon (sadly Hitler was sold out... so no "what if" raids by the Screaming Eagles to assassinate herr fuhrer at this time), and from Warlord, a couple of pathfinders to get the boys down on the ground safely, and a prone MG team, oh and something else a little special which will be revealed in time!

With the onset of work once again, projects have ground to a standstill, and even during the long weekend as I was working Saturday. But I've brought my painting gear down to Fife so hopefully I'll get something done this week! Sadly no buildings though.

Last week I also made some foxholes from polystyrene, useful for Bastogne, or really any theatre/er so hopefully will get onto these too.

Since this post is a bit text-heavy and pic lite, here's a couple of fairly unrelated piccies. And perhaps some related ones...

oohh.. it looks al old! My fave pic from the last lot :)


And from the Bishop Hill on Friday 29th, because I did something more constructive than watching toffs get married...



Aye that's a grouse!

Interesting larch. Ideas for terrain?

3 comments:

  1. Hmm, I can see the occupants of the second pic roasted and being served with mint sauce.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flames of War is a long slippery, slippery slope, which leads to bankruptcy hell, especially if youre buying both sides. But its a fun ruleset (if you like straight IGOUGO systems) but it is more than a little "gamey".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! However I'm collecting a US airborne company (surprise surprise) so it shouldn't be too expensive...

    With regards to Jerry, I'll probably pick up Plastic Soldier Company boxes- 130 infantry for £18 or 5 Pansies for £17.

    ReplyDelete