Saturday 9 April 2011

1: Shadow Over Aberinnes

To tie in with a small force for the DWMG- themed Mythos Miniatures I have decided to build a small Scottish fishing village to compliment my small force of Deep ones: Aberinnes, twinned with the New England town of Innsmouth... obviously!

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about (and enjoy a good vintage horror story!) Might I point you in the direction of the truly genius Howard Phillips Lovecraft and his excellent short The Shadow over Innsmouth. Definitely worth a read! Buildings will be made from mounting paper from Letham Craft Shop... which I expect will be recieving more of my money in the future... and some rather cunningly-rendered paper templates. Pics below will be for rows of charming wee cottages that hide a hidden, lurking, squamous terror! 2-floor builings, a pub, shop and Masonic hall to hold meetings of the Order of Dagon will follow, and of course I'm hoping to have these to be useful for any period from 1920s right up til now.




About right I hope... Standard 28mm figure (can anyone guess where from?). Of course I'll be combining 3-terraced  and 2-terraced cottages, as well as the aforementioned 2-floor buildings. Then probably slap either glue and sand or polyfilla on 'em and paint them up bright, jolly coastal buildingy colours... or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment