Saturday 9 April 2011

Mecha!

Well... no thanks to Gordon Yakomine instilling a rush of butterfly fever across the club with the (quite frankly, utterly WIN!) Mechwarrior Clix I now have more than I know with what to do, except arrange them admire my big force of stompy robots, rediculously awesome vehicles and tiny but deadly infantry.


Left: Dragon's Fury, which were going to be my secondary force... until a certain evilbay auction
Right: Highlanders. Still my faves... just. Must now get more. 

Fave Mecha at the moment- the Goshawk. The formula goes like this:
named after a raptor + looks like a dragon = greater than awesome 

Actually, I had a game with Neil McG at the Kirrie club last night: a whopping 900 point battle without the usual tournament constraints (so that meant BIIIIIG table, LOOOOOOOTS of scenery and deciding on a LOS rule rather than the norm... so the heights of the buildings were actually different rahter than being representative of one height...) which was very fun (reminded me of my younger days spending way too long on Command and Conquer: Red Alert 2 or Tiberian Sun).

Game was pretty close I'd say. I'd wasted one of his mechs, first blood with my Dragon's Fury Goshawk, as well as taken out a monocycle, but he'd reduced two of my mechs to little more than walking scrapheaps who were interested only in getting out of there. Another turn may well have spelled their doom! Very fun though! Even for the sheer visual value of it; it looked absolutely beautiful if I may say so: Neil's perfectly desert-coloured House Liao against my (admittedly gaudy in comparison) factory grey and burgundy duking it out over the outskirts of a desert city... or an oil company or...

Anyway Neil got some piccies so check his Blog for 'em. Maybe I'll swipe some and stick them on here too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment