Saturday 9 April 2011

Currahee!

Well, my 28mm 101st Airborne dropped in their LZ (aka the space behind the letterbox) yesterday so another project for hte Easter Hols. Figures by Warlord (Bolt Action) and they look mighty fine.




The box gives you enough for what I believe would be a fairly standard platoon:


1 officer
1 serg with M1
1 Medic
1 Radioman

2 sergs (M1 carbine and Thomson)
8 troopers
2 man LMG
3 man mortar
2 man bazooka

21 in total giving... what... a platoon with 2 squads and then 4 fireteams? Does that sound about right?

Next up, gotta get me a puckle of Pathfinders with those famous mohawk 'dos! :D






I expect these dudes to see action in plenty theaters from standard WWII to this Weird War II (if Gordon actually manages to persuade me... ps can I use a VOTOMS mecha model instead of the official ones?) to Mythos Minis and beyond. Oh not to mention Doctor Who too! Imagine the Doctor landing in the middle of Bastogne where the Allies are locked in a desparate battle with two types of Nazis; the typical squishy ones and a slightly more crunchy ones resembling large dustbins with flashy lights and...

4 comments:

  1. Enough for a really badly hammered platoon Graeme, at full strength a WW2 platoon would be a command squad, up to 4 10 man squads plus a few attachments HMG, Mortar, AT team, etc.

    But a very good start, looking forward to seeing them painted, especially as yer gonna have to paint the screaming eagle on each and every shoulder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh right. I thought a platoon had 16-20 men? Ocht weel. Half a plat then :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll b interested to c how they scale up against other 28mm figs. I have noticed that their plastic figures tend to b on the small side

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checked against my not-10th-doctor figure and they're a liiiiitle bit smaller, but then they're hunched up. I would say the difference is negligible.
    Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete